Fiscal 2009 provided another reminder that World Vision’s ministry rests in God’s hands. Thanks to your faithful support, last year we were blessed with continued growth despite a tough economy.
- World Vision U.S. was responsible for distributing 243,000 metric tons of food, equal to more than 8,000 semi-truck loads.
- 89 percent of the total operating budget went to ministry, with overhead expenses down 6 percent.
- Revenue from private and public sources reached $1.2 billion—a 10 percent increase.
- The number of children helped by U.S. sponsors grew by more than 10,000.
- Staff responded to an estimated 95 emergencies worldwide.
For more details, see World Vision’s 2009 Annual Review at www.worldvision.org/AR.